Chaminade College Preparatory is seeking an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR THE ADMISSIONS AND ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT OFFICE at our high school campus in West Hills, California. The Administrative Assistant will support all aspects of the admissions and student recruitment process for Chaminade’s high school campus. The Administrative Assistant helps execute admissions department strategies and serves as an ambassador for the school representing the school to prospective families as well as faculty, parents, and other influences of prospective students. The Administrative Assistant helps plan and execute admissions events for recruitment of new families and students and to increase community awareness and retention of current families. The Administrative Assistant assists with gathering and analyzing demographic and other admissions related data, and performs day-to-day office administrative tasks.
1. Serves as an ambassador for the school and a member of the admissions team focused on attracting a highly qualified and diverse student body to assure continued academic excellence at Chaminade’s High School campus.
2. Greets admissions office guests and monitors online inquiries, answers phone calls, emails, and drop-in inquiries. Provides accurate information regarding the programs at Chaminade as well as admissions and financial aid procedures.
3. Assists in planning and hosting various admissions events, including but not limited to, Open Houses, Shadow Days, Admitted Students Days, and Interview Days.
4. Coordinates and hosts admissions presentations to visitors during campus tours and at on-campus and off-campus events.
5. Assists in the updating of Admissions Office social media platforms and school website.
6. Processes admissions applications.
7. As needed, reviews admissions applications and evaluates files for completeness.
8. Provides support to prospective families and admitted students during all phases of the admissions cycle whether by phone, email, or in-person visits at the school.
9. Creates and distributes decision letters/emails. Responsible for technical and administrative aspects of mailings.
10. Collects and analyzes data for the creation of admission reports related to recruitment, trends in admission, and retention of students.
11. Maintains integrity of data in the admissions database and organization of paper files.
12. Assists with electronic data transfer process between Admissions (SchoolAdmin) and Registrar (BlackBaud) systems.
13. Provides support to the Director and Assistant Director pertaining to recruitment activities: assists in travel arrangements, gathers and distributes recruitment materials, tracks event registrations, etc.
14. Assists with creation and revision of various admissions materials.
15. Processes incoming mail. Receives, sorts, processes, and distributes confidential educational documents and records.
16. Works with Business Office to process and track application and enrollment fees.
17. Maintains office supplies and materials.
18. Gives instruction to the student ambassadors when the Director is not available.
19. Manages office calendar regarding visits, interviews, meetings, events, etc.
20. Assists Admissions Committee members with scheduling needs pertaining to admissions interviews and committee meetings.
21. Performs various office and/or administrative tasks, including: check requests, credit card reconciliation, collecting receipts, etc.
22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Deadline for Submission of Applications:
Applications are being accepted immediately. This position is open until filled. To ensure full consideration, please submit your application by the end of the day on Friday, July 10, 2020.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time 12 month per year position. The hourly salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Chaminade employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance and long-term care coverages.
Chaminade has implemented a 100% online application system. Interested applicants can apply online through our employment webpage at: www.chaminade.org/employment.
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.
Chaminade is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 6-12 at our two beautiful campuses located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. One of the best things about Chaminade is our strong sense of family. We work together, play together, and pray together. We are a family, a community committed to the success and well-being of each and every student.
We inspire young people to love, learn, and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory graduates are prepared, inspired, and equipped to:
Share God’s love by caring for others and seeking justice and peace.
Learn, adapt, and grow with the world around them.
Become servant leaders and positive contributors to society.
The Characteristics of Marianist Education:
Chaminade’s mission and culture are deeply rooted in the five Characteristics of Marianist Education which are: Educate for Formation in Faith; Provide an Integral Quality Education; Educate in Family Spirit; Educate for Service, Justice, and Peace; and Educate for Adaptation and Change.
Chaminade’s Commitment to Diversity:
Chaminade College Preparatory is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the value that a rich and diverse community brings to our school. Our employee culture is deeply rooted in our Catholic faith and the five Characteristics of Marianist Education. Our Catholic Marianist tradition is lived on our campuses every day, and is evident in our Chaminade Family Spirit where each of our faculty and staff is valued for their unique and varied gifts and talents. Chaminade’s faculty, staff, and administration come from all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds and we are stronger for it.
For more information about Chaminade, visit our website at: www.chaminade.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chaminade College Preparatory is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or genetic information, or other basis protected by law for employment in a Catholic school. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the human resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Education and Experience Preferred:
Qualified candidates should have a combination of education and experience equivalent to the following:
– A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
– Three or more years of administrative/office support experience. Prior experience working in an independent school and/ or admissions office is preferred.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
– Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
– Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
– Strong knowledge and use of computer technology, specifically: school admissions and administration applications and databases, various social media platforms, Word and – Excel, and presentation software.
– Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other departments in a multi-campus school environment toward common goals.
– Sensitivity, discretion, and a sense of humor.
– Bilingual abilities Spanish/English a plus.
Chaminade College Preparatory (Chatsworth)
10210 Oakdale Ave
Chatsworth, CA email@example.com