St. John’s Seminary, a Roman Catholic Theology School in Camarillo, California, offers graduate degrees for seminarians pursuing priesthood and lay students pursuing Catholic pastoral ministry. Our mission is to prepare future priests and lay leaders to serve in the Catholic Church.
We are seeking a full time, experienced academic administrator to serve as our Academic Dean.
The Academic Dean serves as a primary administrator of the Seminary and as its Chief Academic Officer. The Dean is responsible to the President/Rector and the Board of Directors. He/she advises the Rector, serves on his Executive Council, oversees all educational and degree programs, supervises the faculty and supports their professional development, ensures the enforcement of academic policies, and contributes scholarship and teaching within the programs of the Seminary. The Dean acts as Accreditation Liaison Officer and oversees the Seminary’s accreditation and assessment processes in collaboration with other faculty leaders and committees. The Dean oversees several academic committees and maintains an environment of healthy communication among faculty and with the Seminary, Rector, and Administration. The Dean is responsible for assessing the educational needs of the Seminary and facilitates shared governance among faculty and accountability toward students, dioceses, and other shareholders. A successful candidate will possess leadership skills and administrative experience to provide vision for the Seminary in keeping with its legacy and mission.
- Oversight of educational programs, policies and procedures, budgeting, and resourcing
- Leadership and guidance in faculty meetings and over committees, including Admissions
- Ensuring academic integrity and supporting innovations in programs and methods of instructional delivery
- Supervision of the Faculty, including
- Teaching assignments and faculty load
- Academic committees
- Faculty Annual Reviews
- Promotions and Faculty Development
- Communication and Shared Governance
- Recruitment and development of a diversified and qualified faculty in conjunction with appropriate procedures and approvals
- Curriculum Development and Assessment
- Maintenance of Degree Programs: B.A., MDiv, M.A., M.A.P.M., and S.T.B.
- Accreditation Liaison Officer: Accreditation with WASC, ATS, and Angelicum University
- Oversight of student academic progress, including disciplinary issues
- Evaluation of Seminarians
- Regular availability to Faculty and Students
- Academic Office and Staff Management
- Scholarship, research, and publication
- Participation in professional associations and professional development
- A terminal degree in theology from an ecclesiastical University is preferred, or minimally an S.T.L. degree with a Ph.D. in a similar field.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Experience with teaching and administration in an institution of higher learning.
- Leadership experience with higher education program assessment and evaluation, project management, and staff supervision.
- Exceptional skills in communication, organization, planning, and problem-solving.
- Ability to form and articulate a theological vision of educational programs and their value in the formation of priests and Catholic lay leaders.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to take an Oath of Fidelity.
If you believe you are a match for this position, please submit your CV along with a cover letter. Salary to be dependent on experience.
Proposed start date on or before July 1, 2024.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8 hour shift; Monday to Friday; Overtime; Weekends as needed
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
St. John’s Seminary (Camarillo)
5012 Seminary Rd.
Camarillo, CA email@example.com