As a Catholic, independent school for 6th, 7th, & 8th grade girls we seek educators who are familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic School, and who are able to collaborate with colleagues and students promoting interdisciplinary instruction in a diverse and nurturing environment.
We seek an experienced Academic Counselor who is a passionate educator and open to collaborating on interdisciplinary levels. This is a full-time position that calls for someone who will be responsible for both counseling and teaching across multiple grade levels.
All IH faculty and support staff are involved in extra and co-curricular activities and share in a commitment to the education and empowerment of young women.
As an Academic Counselor one would be responsible for:
• Promoting student academic and social success by working cooperatively with students, parents, faculty, and staff
• Collaborating with colleagues and students promoting interdisciplinary instruction across all grade levels
• Meeting with all students on an individual basis multiple times a year to aid in the development of the student’s academic goals
• Conducting small group counseling sessions
• Designing, structuring, and delivering classroom lessons and parent information nights on different topics that address both the social / emotional and academic related needs of the students
• Teaching classes as needed to enhance the school’s curriculum
1. Prior middle school teaching and counseling experience
2. Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
3. California Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential &/or Pupil Personnel Services Credential
Interested candidates should email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Letter of Interest
2. Resume reflecting educational and professional background
3. Names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
Immaculate Heart Middle School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com