Bishop Alemany High School is seeking a full-time academic counselor to join the Counseling Department for the 2022-23 school year.
Counselors within the Bishop Alemany Counseling Department are assigned a caseload of students from 9th through 12th grade and are generally tasked with academic scheduling guidance, college and career guidance, classroom presentations, and communication between students, families, and faculty / staff.
Specific job duties include the following:
• Meets and emails with students and parents individually and in groups to discuss academic progress, scheduling, and college counseling plans.
• Monitors academic progress of students in caseload.
• Writes letters of recommendation for college applications and other programs for students in caseload.
• Reviews students’ college application essays.
• Attends professional development workshops and conferences to stay up to date with best practices.
• Assists with all manner of counseling workshops and presentations.
• Maintains detailed advising notes and records.
• Monitors student progress on Naviance, Aeries, and Canvas LMS systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
Educational requirements include a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree and PPS credential are preferred. 3-5 years of experience is also preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Bishop Alemany High School (Mission Hills)
11111 N. Alemany Drive
Mission Hills, CA firstname.lastname@example.org