Position: Academic Counselor (Full-Time)—2 Current Openings
To begin immediately and/or consideration to begin in the 2022-2023 school year
Providence High School, Burbank, is a Catholic, private, co-educational, college-preparatory institution which endeavors to serve students of varied academic backgrounds. The school carries the mission of the Catholic Church within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Providence High School was founded in 1955 by the Sisters of Providence and is governed by Providence health system. Providence graduates are Faith-Filled Persons, Effective Communicators, Responsible Citizens, and Life-Long Learners. Providence serves an ethnically diverse student population who live within 75 different zip codes. Providence High School enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year is 500. www.providencehigh.org
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skill required of employees so classified.
Work Environment: At Providence High School, equity, inclusion, and social justice are core to our mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace difference for the benefit of our students, families, faculty, and staff. Our goal is to create a diverse learning community where every employee is known, cared for, supported, and retained. As such, Providence is committed to maintaining a responsive and inclusive workplace free of discrimination, harassment, violence, and any other abusive conduct. Mindful of our mission to be expressions of God’s healing love, we employ and support people of any race, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, citizenship, or any other applicable legally protected status with all the rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to all employees of the school.
1. Master’s Degree preferably in school counseling, PPS Credential preferred
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to respond effectively to the needs of an ethnically diverse student body and partner with parents and guardians in support of students.
4. Experience working in a high school setting and knowledge of the American college admission system.
5. Experience working with Naviance software program (preferred).
6. Must be knowledgeable of and able to work within the ethical and legal guidelines set by the American School Counselor Association and NACAC.
7. Must be able to address small and large groups in a presentation setting effectively.
8. Must be able to attend additional evening meetings, professional development opportunities, and drive to various activities off campus.
To apply, please upload the following documents by clicking on the link listed below:
• Cover letter explaining both interest in and qualifications for the position. Specifically address your practical and philosophical approaches to counseling during the current global crisis of the pandemic.
• Resume or CV
• Names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references. References should include at least two direct supervisors.
Upload and submit your application here: https://providencehigh.formstack.com/forms/applicationdocs
No phone calls please
Providence High School (Burbank)
511 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA firstname.lastname@example.org