Notre Dame Academy High School in West Los Angeles is seeking a full-time academic and college counselor for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal candidate will be bilingual in Spanish and have several years of successful high school academic and college counseling experience.
The academic and college counselor serves as a member of the guidance team to support students in their academic achievement, assist them in their personal development, and establish effective pathways to best fit colleges and universities. Working with the faculty, administration, students, and parents, the counselor will have primary responsibility for guiding and mentoring students in grades 9 through 12 in their academic, college, and career pursuits.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Fostering a growth mindset and a culture of learning, where all students can and will learn
• Being sensitive to an academically, socioeconomically, culturally, and ethnically diverse population
• Guiding first generation college students and parents through the college application process
• Designing and implementing interventions for student success
• Providing support for students with learning differences and minor adjustment plans
• Collaborating with faculty colleagues to address student needs and supports
• Assisting students in navigating the college search, application, and financial aid processes
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with college representatives
• Coordinating school-wide testing (AP exams, PSAT/PreACT, extended time final exams)
• Meeting one-on-one with each student multiple times throughout the school year
• Presenting to parents and students to prepare them for high school success and college readiness
Join a community of like-minded professionals as an academic and college counselor at Notre Dame Academy in West Los Angeles. We are a private, all-girls, Catholic high school founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame in 1949. Devoted to educating young women to make a difference, Notre Dame Academy nurtures the development of the whole person by recognizing the dignity, uniqueness and potential of each student. We challenge our graduates to be women of faith, academic excellence, vision, leadership, service, and compassion. In support of the educational principles of the Sisters of Notre Dame, we aim for all of our faculty, staff, and administrators to be learners, experts, and community builders. We are committed to providing a diverse and equitable learning environment and workplace for students and employees who are Black, indigenous, and people of color. Learn more about our community at academy.ndasla.org.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter in which you address your qualifications as a highly effective high school counselor. Write “Academic and College Counselor” in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.
• Master’s degree in school counseling
• PPS credential
• Two or more years of school counseling experience
• Strong technology skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
• Commitment to an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment
Notre Dame Academy Girls’ High School (West LA) (Los Angeles)
2851 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org