St. Bernard High School in Playa Del Rey, California is seeking a full-time academic and college counselor for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal candidate should have several years of successful high school academic and college counseling experience.
The academic and college counselor serves as a member of the guidance team to support students in their academic achievement, assist them in their personal development, and establish effective pathways to best fit colleges and universities. Working with the faculty, administration, students, and parents, the counselor will have primary responsibility for guiding and mentoring students in grades 9 through 12 in their academic, college, and career pursuits.
St. Bernard High School: Founded in 1957, St. Bernard High School is a co-educational, Catholic college preparatory high school whose mission is to assist students in finding their passion and developing that passion through curricular, co-curricular, and Christian service experiences as we prepare them for heaven, college, and career. St. Bernard seeks faculty and staff who are enthusiastic about ongoing professional learning and engaging students in their development. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a friendly, beautiful campus setting.
To learn more about all of the wonderful aspects of the school, please visit our website at www.stbernardhs.org
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the job title in the subject line.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Fostering a growth mindset and a culture of learning, where all students can and will learn
• Being sensitive to an academically, socioeconomically, culturally, and ethnically diverse population
• Guiding first-generation college students and parents through the college application process
• Designing and implementing interventions for student success
• Providing support for students with learning differences and minor adjustment plans
• Collaborating with faculty colleagues to address student needs and supports
• Assisting students in navigating the college search, application, and financial aid processes
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with college representatives
• Coordinating school-wide testing (AP exams, PSAT/PreACT, extended time final exams)
• Meeting one-on-one with each student multiple times throughout the school year
• Presenting to parents and students to prepare them for high school success and college readiness
Coordinate and monitor the STEP program
Works closely with Assistant Principal of Academics
St. Bernard HS (Playa del Rey)
9100 Falmouth Ave
St. Bernard High School
Playa del Rey, CA email@example.com