St Bede the Venerable School in La Canada-Flintridge is seeking a vibrant, experienced full-time fifth grade teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. Under the direction of the school principal, our teachers provide a Catholic-based educational program for students in grades TK to 8. Our teachers plan and implement lessons of core subjects along with providing faith-based education and programs approved by the Catholic Church. Catholic School staff and faculty are invested and driven to provide an excellent educational experience for children and their families.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Implement and teach to the Common Core State Standards in ELA, Math, as well as other content subjects.
• Prepare, with a growth mindset, daily lesson plans with measurable objectives, procedures, and assessment.
• Design a classroom conducive to the needs of various learning styles.
• Reference STAR Data or other Data to improve instruction.
• Integrate technology throughout the curriculum.
• Create a joyful, supportive, and engaging classroom environment in which students can learn and interact positively with one another through student- centered instruction, collaboration and authentic assessment.
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with students, colleagues, and parents.
• Contribute to the life of the School and Parish outside the classroom.
• Participate in faculty and departmental meetings and perform various faculty supervisory duties or additional duties as needed.
The qualified candidate will support the integration of the Gospel values of Christ, and the teachings of the Catholic Church within the entire school experience. In addition, this teacher shall participate in a collaborative faculty culture and be comfortable integrating technology into the structure of classroom instruction. Flexibility and creativity in structuring classroom experiences for each student and solid classroom management practices are necessary. Candidates must be reliable and open to establishing an active partnership with parents and other faculty to maintain the family atmosphere of our school. Openness to faith, a positive attitude, and commitment to helping our school grow is critical.
The qualified candidate should possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• CA Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential.
• Classroom experience.
• Comfort and familiarity with the integration of technology into the classroom.
• Familiarity with and open mindedness regarding the practice of the Catholic Faith is a plus.
St. Bede the Venerable School (La Canada Flintridge)
4524 Crown Avenue
La Canada Flintridge, CA email@example.com