Saint Paul the Apostle School, a Developmental Kindergarten through 8th grade Catholic elementary school located near Westwood in Los Angeles, is accepting applications for a Fourth grade Language Arts/Social Studies homeroom teacher for the 2022-23 school year. The ideal candidate is willing to work hard to build a dynamic learning environment in a Catholic school that focuses on a challenging academic background while developing character and building community. Saint Paul the Apostle School is an exciting and engaging community to be a part of. Come join our team of excellent educators!
Duties and skill include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and deliver a creative, effective, and developmentally appropriate educational program.
• Create an environment that fosters a love of learning, meeting the academic, social, emotional, and spiritual growth of each student.
• Establish and communicate learning goals to all students.
• Analyze data and use tools and results of assessments to inform instruction.
• Evaluate student progress.
• Communicate thoughtfully and professionally with parents and colleagues.
• Integrate use of technology to enhance student learning.
• Ability to be flexible, work in a collaborative environment, and be a positive team player.
BA or higher degree
• Clear or Multiple Subject California Teaching Credential or working toward a clear Credential
• At least two years teaching experience preferred
• Effective communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong classroom management skills
• Competency in developing lesson plans in alignment with Common Core, state-standards, and technology
• Cultivate a Growth Mindset in self and students
• Knowledge of and experience with differentiation and engagement
• Willingness to assist with co-curricular programs and/or activities
• Active Catholic preferred
• Engagement in the life and community of our parish school
• Experience with using iPads, Chromebooks, projectors, Zoom, Schoology, Renaissance Learning
Saint Paul the Apostle School (Los Angeles)
1536 Selby Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com