The job of CLASSROOM TEACHER is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students’ parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress. This job reports to Principal.
· Collaborates with all stakeholders (e.g. students, parents, colleagues, etc.) for the purpose of establishing and maintaining leadership and positive relationships while focusing on high expectations and continuous improvement for student learning.
· Designs instruction (e.g. lesson plans; individualized instruction; diverse learning styles/needs; etc.) for the purpose of ensuring all students are engaged and participating in individual and classroom learning objectives.
· Develops and guides learning in partnership with students (e.g. classroom mission and learning goals; strategies and processes; student recognition and celebrations; etc.) for the purpose of ensuring continuous improvement for student learning in alignment with state and district standards.
· Evaluates individual student and class performance (e.g. analyzes assessment data; other comparative data; etc.) for the purpose of gauging and subsequently adjusting instruction to improve individual and class performance.
· Implements current best practice instruction and resources (e.g. focus on student needs/goals, classroom priorities, etc.) for the purpose of improving and enhancing student learning in alignment with state and district standards.
· Maintains documentation and required reports (e.g. student data and reports; personal teaching certification; etc.) for the purpose of complying with site, district, policy, administrative, state and/or federal statutes and regulations.
· Manages classroom structure and procedures (e.g. activities; behavioral expectations; positive classroom culture; etc.) for the purpose of establishing a positive, safe and orderly optimal learning environment to support students in achieving classroom and individual goals.
· Models positive behaviors (e.g. professional/ethical public image; relational skills, including appropriate verbal and written communications; manners; honors diversity and mutual respect, etc.) for the purpose of promoting appropriate social and interpersonal behavior in alignment with district goals.
· Oversees assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of ensuring the operation of an effective and efficient classroom structure that supports the teacher and students in achieving classroom and individual goals.
· Participates in a variety of meetings (e.g. team and/or building meetings; professional growth opportunities; parent/teacher conferences; etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information to perform functions.
· Responds to emergency situations (e.g. building emergency protocol; fights, suspected child abuse and/or substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
Valid Commission on Teacher Credentialing Certificate in K-12 (completed or in progress)
• Two or more years of prior teaching experience as a full-time teacher
• Strong classroom management skills
• Uphold the importance of personal values, moral standards, and integrity by being a role model in the school community
• Commitment to professional conduct, team-building, on-going professional growth
• Knowledge of Common Core Standards curriculum preferred
St. Elisabeth, Van Nuys (Van Nuys)
14655 Kittridge St
Van Nuys, CA 91405SrAMInoferio@la-archdiocese.org