As a Catholic, independent school for 6th, 7th, & 8th grade girls we seek educators who are familiar with and supportive of the educational and spiritual philosophy and mission of a Catholic School, and who are able to collaborate with colleagues and students promoting interdisciplinary instruction in a diverse and nurturing environment.
We seek an experienced Visual Arts teacher who is a passionate educator and open to collaborating on interdisciplinary levels. This is a full-time position that calls for someone who will be responsible for teaching across multiple grade levels.
All IH faculty and support staff are involved in extra and co-curricular activities and share in a commitment to the education and empowerment of young women.
The ideal candidate would be:
• responsible for promoting student academic and social success by working cooperatively with students, parents, faculty, and staff
• is a gifted teacher of the Visual Arts on multiple levels (6th, 7th & 8th grades)
• is experienced in a variety of media that can be used for: 2D & 3D Design, Lettering, Drawing, Painting & Sculpture
• responsible for the production of the Middle School yearbook
• utilizes assessment methods to authentically gauge student progress and provide feedback
• enjoys the freedom and support to develop innovative teaching strategies
• has excellent class management, communication, and organization skills
• will collaborate with other teachers and administrators in our professional learning community
• is comfortable teaching in a technology-enhanced learning environment
• is sensitive to an academically, socially, culturally, and ethnically diverse, all-girl population
• is able to connect with students, parents, and colleagues in a professional way
• have prior middle school teaching experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Art &/or Design, Master’s degree in Art &/or Design or in Art Education
• California Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential (recommended)
Interested candidates should email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Letter of Interest
2. Resume reflecting educational and professional background
3. Names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted only with the applicant’s permission)
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.
Immaculate Heart Middle School (Los Angeles)
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA email@example.com