Seeking an experienced full-time Transitional Kindergarten – 8th grade Music Teacher. A successful candidate will have knowledge of teaching vocal music in an elementary or middle school setting.
– Prepare daily lesson plans focused on engaging students across all grade levels with measurable objectives, procedures, and assessments.
– Collaborate with homeroom teachers across all grades.
– Integrate the use of technology into the curriculum using resources made available by the school.
– Direct and produce the annual Christmas Concert.
– Participate in the school musical production.
– Direct the Lion Choir during school liturgies and arrange weekly practice after school.
– Maintain a safe, joyful, and engaging classroom community through the Responsive Classroom approach.
– Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members.
– Participate in and contribute to the life of St. Mark School outside the classroom.
– Attend faculty and department meetings and perform supervision and additional duties as needed.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Practicing Catholic
– Teaching Credential or enrollment in a credential program
– Upon hiring, candidates will complete fingerprinting & VIRTUS training (Protecting God’s Children)
– Letter of Introduction (Cover Letter)
– Master’s Degree or enrollment in a Master’s program
– Knowledge of instrument instruction
St. Mark Elementary School (Venice)
912 Coeur d’Alene Avenue
Venice, CA email@example.com