St. Francis of Assisi School is a tight-knit small learning community that is seeking a dynamic and passionate educator. We are seeking an educator who enjoys collaborating with their colleagues and who challenges themselves to improve professionally. This individual will serve as a long term substitute for a teacher who is on maternity leave from late August until the end of January. Pay will be commensurate with experience and based on Archdiocesan pay scale.
The ideal candidate will:
– plan for interactive lessons online and in person.
– implement lesson plans and instruction that is hands on and rigorous.
– develop lessons and assessments that challenge our student.
– be knowledgeable in education pedagogy and effective teaching strategies especially in language arts and math.
– collaborate with colleagues and attend faculty meetings and professional development opportunities.
– be ready to grow professionally.
– be a model of Christ’s love and demonstrate enthusiasm for learning.
– be prepared to nurture relationships with our school community.
– knowledgeable in STEM principles and hand-on learning.
– Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; MA and teaching credential preferred
– Experienced in working with children in a classroom setting
– Experienced in using technology and other online platforms
– Demonstrates effective classroom management
– Possesses a positive attitude, resiliency, and a desire for professional growth
– Open to learn from students and colleagues and is collaborative
– Communicates clearly both verbally and written
To apply, please send a resume and as well as a cover letter stating your qualifications for this position. Please send the cover letter and resume to our principal Mr. Nunez (cnunez@stfrancisLA.com). Thank you!
St. Francis of Assisi School (Los Angeles) (Los Angeles)
1550 Maltman Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90026cnunez@stfrancisLA.com