Mini Retreat Series:
Profiles in Excellence – Extraordinary Women and Men in Challenging Times
We understand it takes the work of so many caregivers to promote the common good… so whether you are in direct patient care or working with the families of these patients, in administration, spiritual care, facilities, healthcare professionals, researchers and or first responders, this mini retreat series is intended for ALL who have given so much of themselves in this time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We hope to nurture the mind, body and spirit of individuals as they watch these mini retreats which are designed to be viewed as you take a break while at work and or want to relax for a few minutes as you return to your home. May the stories of these extraordinary women and men touch your heart, mind, and soul as they speak to the challenging times they experienced in their lives, just as you are experiencing now in your own.
May this mini retreat series be a gift to you with sincere prayers and appreciation for your extraordinary and holy work.
We understand the load may be heavy and it is our hope and prayer that these Scriptural Stations of the Cross meditations will provide comfort to those who are working in the healthcare field during this time of the pandemic, knowing they are not alone. May the Holy Spirit touch the hearts and souls of those who pray with these meditations providing some moments of grace and peace.
Catholic Healthcare Providers
Many of our parishes in the Archdiocese have QueensCare parish nurses visit and provide healthcare. Download this list to find out if there’s a parish nurse near you.
- Jeanne Jugan Residence, San Pedro – Little Sisters of the Poor
- Magnolia Care, Santa Maria – Catholic family owned and operated
- Mary Health of the Sick, Newbury Park – Servants of Mary, Health of the Sick
- Mother Gertrude Balcazar Home, San Fernando – Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception
- Nazareth House – Sisters of Nazareth
- Providence St. Elizabeth Care Center, North Hollywood – Providence Health
- Santa Teresita, Duarte and Marycrest Manor, Culver City – Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
- St. John of God, Los Angeles and St. Joseph’s, Ojai – Hospitallers
- Villa Caridad, Santa Barbara – Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul
- Villa Scalibrini, Sun Valley – Scalabrinians